They have all the guns.....

Last night I was telling Grace my fears that some of these Governors might feel the need to call out the National Guard to deal with these protesters.  I was heading to my concern that with Trump backing the protesters, this could lead to civil war, but she interrupted me before I got there.
I'm paraphrasing here:

"Who do the Guard report to?" she said, "Is it Trump?"

"No," I said, "They are essentially a state militia. They report to the Governor."

"Oh," she said.

I went on to say one of my concerns was that someone high up would decide that Trump had to be removed by force....

"Who does the military report to?" she said.

"Well, technically Trump's the Commander In Chief of the Armed Forces...."

"So they would be on his side." she said.

"Technically, yes, but what I'm talking about would have to involve people in Congress as well. Would have to be people from both Republican and Democrat parties enlisting the help of the armed forces leaders...."

"Don't the Republicans have all the guns?" she said. "Those people protesting? They have all the guns, right?  The liberals, most of them they don't have guns, right?"

And this, my friends, made my heart go cold and heavy in my chest.  Because she's right.

"Well,"  I said, "we have the Police....."

And this sounded so lame even as I said it.

"Who do the Police work for?" she said, "Trump?"

"If there was a war, which side would they be on?" she said.

We don't have guns.....


Comments

  1. Don't know that I'd say the Military would stand with Trump based solely on the chain of command. I don't believe the Military is a fan. They could very well rise up with The People and take the mother down.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Have the bullies won?

The Least Uncomfortable Position